Lots of new plants await you at D Avenue Nursery this week, but make sure not to overlook the humble grasses – they’re pretty cool! We’ve got lots of varieties to choose from, including:
- Shenandoah switch grass- this hardy grass turns a pretty reddish-purple in late-Summer, perfect for the transition into Fall.
- Red Head fountain grass – a fun addition to your garden, this low-maintenance plant blooms with rose-colored flowers in Summer before turning a lovely gold as Fall approaches. Great as a variation in texture.
- Hot Rod switch grass – a beautiful multi-colored grass that would look great on it’s own or mixed in with other varieties.
Here are some other fun finds this week:
- Pineapple Lilies – these cuties are just starting to bloom, so now is the perfect time to pick one up. Deer-resistant and perennial, the top of the flower resembles a pineapple while delicate yellow flowers line the stalk.
- Podophyllum (“Spotty Dotty”) – another deer-resistant plant, the umbrella-shaped leaves give it a unique character and shape. It’s also frost-tolerant, so perfect for Fall!
- Gunnera (“dinosaur plant”) – you may have seen these impressive plants before, with their huge leaves, spiky stalks and red centers reminiscent of a Venus flytrap. We have some baby ones in stock right now, which are much more manageable for planting, but they will grow to quite a size when mature!
As always these are just a few of the items on offer at the Nursery so stop by to check out our full range. Now is also the perfect time to start stocking up for Fall planting, so come see us – we can help with any questions you may have and make sure you find everything you need!